The aim of this research is to model the investment function at the level of the Euro zone. To achieve this main objective, we use and implement the structural equation modeling procedure for empirical analysis. Using this technique, the causal relationships established between investment and influencing factors are estimated and tested. Also, in the process of modeling structural equations, we examine empirical data sets related to the Euro area’s Member States.
JEL Classification E22
This work was supported by the strategic grant POSDRU/159/1.5/S/133255, Project ID 133255 (2014), co-financed by the European Social Fund within the Sectorial Operational Program Human Resources Development 2007-2013.
- Di Corato, L., Moretto, M., and Vergalli, S., 2014. Long-run investment under uncertain demand. Economic Modelling, 41, pp.80-89.
- Eslamloueyan, K. and Jafari, M., 2014. Financial crisis and saving–investment dynamics in the presence of cross-sectional dependence: The case of East Asia. China Economic Review, 30, pp.209-220.
- Furlanetto, F., and Seneca, M., 2014. Investment shocks and consumption. European Economic Review, 66, pp.111-126.
- García-Belenguer, F. and Santos, M.S. 2013. Investment rates and the aggregate production function. European Economic Review, 63, pp.150-169.
- Hu, L., Bentler, P., 1999. Cutoff criteria for fit indexes in covariance structure analysis: Conventional criteria versus new alternatives. Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal, 6(1), pp.1-55
- Keynes, J. M., 1936. The General Theory of Employment, Interest, and Money. London: MacMillan
- Lim, J.J., 2014. Institutional and structural determinants of investment worldwide. Journal of Macroeconomics 41, pp.160-177.
- Opreana, A., 2013. A New Approach of Investment for the Future Economic Policies. Expert Journal of Economics, 1(1), pp.4-12
- Opreana, A., 2014. Modelling Investment Function in Relationship to Specific Factors from European Economies. Paper presented at Joint International Conference of Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Researchers, Craiova, 12-13 September 2014
- Rieger, M.O., 2012. Optimal financial investments for non-concave utility functions. Economic Letters, 114, pp. 239-240
- Vinerean, S., 2013. Applying Online Behavioral Models in Internet Retailing. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Saarbrucken, Germany
- Zhao, Q., Shen, Y., Wei, J., 2014. Consumption–investment strategies with non-exponential discounting and logarithmic utility. European Journal of Operational Research, 238, pp. 824-835